Acunetix (formerly called: Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner, WVS for short) is a leading commercial-grade, cross-platform web vulnerability scanning tool developed by Acunetix from Malta. It can quickly scan and detect all kinds of vulnerabilities in Web applications, such as SQL Injection, Host Header Injection, XSS (Cross-Site Scripting attack), XXE (XML External Entity attack), SSRF (Server-Side Request Forgery attack), and 4500 + other Web vulnerabilities. Besides, it has a user-friendly graphical user interface and the ability to create professional-grade Website security audit reports.
In the process of penetration testing, the role of vulnerability analysis tools can not be underestimated. As one of the most well-known website and server security scanning tools and one of the most commonly used penetration testing tools, Acunetix has characteristics like fast scanning, support of directory traversal and deep scanning. On the one hand, this can facilitate the site administrator to scan the directory of website and perform other operations; on the other hand, it has become one of the favorite attacking auxiliary tools for hackers.
// Key Features //
- Detects over 4500 web application vulnerabilities
- Scans open-source software and custom-built applications
- Detects critical vulnerabilities with 100% accuracy
- Industry’s most advanced SQLi and Cross-site Scripting testing – includes advanced detection of DOM-based XSS
- Easy to use Login Sequence Recorder – automatically scans complex password protected areas
- AcuSensor Technology – enhances a regular dynamic scan through the deployment of sensors inside the source code, relaying feedback upon source code execution
- Highest detection of WordPress vulnerabilities – scans WordPress installations for over 1200 known vulnerabilities in WordPress’ core, themes and plugins
- Built-in Vulnerability Management – easily review vulnerability data and generate multiple technical and compliance reports
// Official Demo Videos //
// Edition Statement //
vcgsoft provides the Acunetix Edition multilingual full installers and unlock patches for Windows 32-bit & 64-bit.
// Installation Notes //
- Download and install Acunetix
- Run ‘services.msc‘, and stop the “Acunetix” service
- Copy the unlock patch to installation folder, and run it as administrator
- Click the leftmost button, and enter any info you like in the web activation window, then click ‘Next‘ -> ‘Next‘ -> ‘Finish‘
- Run ‘cmd.exe’ as administrator, and paste the following command:
- cacls “C:\ProgramData\Acunetix\shared\license.” /t /p everyone:r
- Enter ‘Y‘
- Start the “Acunetix” service
// Warning //
The unlock patch might be reported as Win32:Malware-gen threat with high risk. Use VirusTotal to make a full, authoritative scan, and decide to use it or not by yourself.
*** Please remember: antivirus software is not always right, just be careful.
// Related Links //
// Download URLs //
If you need additional help, click here.